WHAT IS PERMANENT MAKE-UP
Permanent cosmetic make-up is a process where color is permanently inserted into the upper dermal layer of the skin using fine needles dipped into hypoallergenic pigment (inorganic pigment). The pigments are derived from vegetable products and are either pre-mixed or mixed manually, to create a broad palette of color from which to choose from. The pigment bonds to the skin cells and is visible through the translucent outer layer. It lasts 4-7 years.
There are different ways of inserting these pigments. You have rotary machines or Hand held techniques. We supply the necessary products for both.
Some of the most common permanent make-up procedures include, eyeliner, eyebrow shading/microshading, microblading, lip liner and full lip coloring.
Defines and accentuates eyes. It makes lashes seem thicker and denser.
Eyebrows that are naturally too light, too thin, sparse or non-existent can be beautifully enhanced and improved with micro pigmentation with using the embroidery or microblading technique
The hair stroke eyebrow effect is more and more used these days and is very popular especially for woman who has very sparse or no eyebrows at all. We get the hair stroke effect by either using the machine with fine needle points or with the embroidery pen. Color pigments are of the highest quality and can be custom mixed for every client according to taste, complexion and natural hair color. Shades of brown, grey and ashy charcoal are used for the brows. With the topical anesthesia that we apply, this is virtually a painless experience.
LIP LINER: Permanent lip liner not only adds fullness to lips and corrects unevenness. It can also minimize the appearance of wrinkles and help prevent lipstick from “bleeding”/ “running”.
With permanent lip coloring, the mouth can take on a soft, natural hues or intense dramatic color permanently.
Between 4-8 weeks after the initial procedure follow up visits called touch-ups are done.
WHO BENEFITS FROM PERMANENT MAKE-UP?
- From young to old. Whoever desires a soft, natural enhancement to their appearances.
- People who can’t wear cosmetics due to skin sensitivity or allergies.
- The older more mature ladies with sparse, droopy eyebrows or who has lost their eyebrows all together as well as uneven lip lines, etc.
- It’s especially beneficial for active people who want to look their best for activities such as swimming, hiking, running, aerobics, tennis and those who don’t want to be bothered to be sweating off and re-applying cosmetics.
- A wonderful benefit for those who are visually impaired or have difficulty applying their cosmetics as well as someone who struggles with arthritis, multiple sclerosis, stoke survivors or who has unsteady hands and cannot apply their own make-up.
- Then last but not the least anyone who is simply too busy to want to struggle with applying straight eyeliner or make-up in general.
IS IT PAINFUL?
Associated with permanent make-up most people normally experience some discomfort. This will vary according to each individual’s pain threshold. Still, there are different methods for managing the pain if any, for example various topical anesthetic creams are available, local anesthesia and nerve blocks. It has to be mentioned that it’s a different kind of pain compared to tattooing.
Most important question, IS IT SAFE?
- Absolutely ALL needles are sterile and new for every client.
- All machine parts are sterilized and kept in a sanitary way.
- New medical gloves are used for each client as well as a face mask.